- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 100g tinned or frozen sweetcorn
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 9 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Corn Tortillas
- 225g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g soured cream
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Grease a 1 1/2 litre baking dish with the oil.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over a high heat, and cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add in the beef and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the pepper, corn, taco seasoning mix, tomatoes and enchilada sauce. Bring to the boil and then remove from the heat.
- Spoon 1/4 of the beef mixture in a thin layer in the bottom of the dish. Top with 3 tortillas, slightly overlapping, then another 1/4 of the beef mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat the layers 2 more times, starting with the tortillas and ending with the cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and top is golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with the soured cream and spring onions.
Tips• Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas can be used instead of corn tortillas.
• Add in more sliced pepper if you fancy more veggies.