- Old El Paso™ Chicken Tinga Kit
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 200 ml water
- Suggested toppings: 1 diced avocado, 1/2 lettuce shredded, and a handful of fresh chopped coriander
- Cut 3 deep slashes across each chicken breast, then in a medium sized sauce pan, combine the water and Tinga Chicken Seasoning, before adding the chicken and onions. Bring to the boil, cover over and reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring and turning the chicken breasts occasionally.
- Remove the chicken breasts on to a cutting board and using 2 forks, start to shred the chicken. Return the shredded chicken to the sauce pan, and cook and stir for 3 minutes or longer, until the excess liquid has evaporated.
- To pan-toast, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brown each tortilla for 10 seconds on one side only. Wrap in a tea towel until ready to serve. Or to microwave, piece the packaging and place the whole pack in the microwave. Heat for 35-40 seconds on full power (650-800 watts). Open the pack, separate the tortillas and keep them covered until ready to serve.
- Take a tortilla, spoon on some of your chicken and a dollop of Chipotle Sauce, before topping with crunchy lettuce, avocado and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.