- 1.5 kg turkey breast mince
- 1 or 2 jalapeño chilles, deseeded and chopped
- 110g Mexicana cheese or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 375g Old El Paso™ Thick ‘N’ Chunky Salsa, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 burger buns, halved and toasted
- 12 slices tomato
- Preheat a bbq or grill to medium-high heat. Mix the turkey, chillies, cheese and pepper in a large bowl with the salsa until combined. Shape the mixture into 12 patties.
- Brush the patties with oil then place onto the bbq or under the grill and cook for 12-15 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and charred.
- Serve the burgers on the buns with tomato slices and extra salsa.
Tips• Cooking burgers over medium heat ensures juicy, well-cooked burgers; cooking them over high heat will cause burgers to shrink.
• If you want a little less heat use standard chillies instead of jalapeño chillies.