- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tin (400g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Old El Paso™ Crunchy Taco Shells Tzatziki Sauce
- 250g natural yogurt
- 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or mint To Serve
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 225g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Lemon wedges
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Stir in the chickpeas and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until starting to turn golden brown. Stir in the chilli powder, cumin and salt and remove from the heat.
- Mix together the ingredients for the tzatziki sauce in a medium bowl. Warm the taco shells as directed on the packaging. Serve with lemon wedges and the rest of the sauce on the side.
- Divide the chick peas between the taco shells. Top each with the shredded lettuce, a spoonful of tzatziki and some tomatoes. Serve with lemon wedges and the rest of the tzatziki on the side.
You can make the tzatziki a few hours in advance, just cover with cling film and chill in the fridge.
Add a finely chopped green chilli to the chick peas for an extra fiery flavour.