Note! Requires a 5.5 L slow cooker
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (1.6 kg)
- 120 ml cider vinegar
- 1 bottle (500 g) barbecue sauce
- 55 g mayonnaise
- 12 g sugar
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp small chunk pickle
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 g celery salt
- 100 g grated cabbage
- 2 packs Old El Paso™ Mini Stand Stuff™ Soft Flour Tortillas
- 24 pickle slices
- In a small bowl, mix: salt, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and pepper. Sprinkle pork roast with spice mixture.
- Heat a 30 cm non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add roast to pan and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Place roast in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until roast is very tender.
- Remove roast to cutting board and discard liquid from slow cooker. In slow cooker, stir together 120 ml cider vinegar with the barbecue sauce. With 2 forks, shred roast. Return meat to slow cooker; stir gently to mix with sauce. Increase heat setting to High, cover and cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- In medium bowl, mix: mayonnaise, sugar, 1 tbsp cider vinegar, chunk pickle, mustard powder and celery salt with whisk. Add cabbage and stir until well coated.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package.
- Scoop and divide the warm pork into each boat, top with slaw, and garnish with pickle slice.