- 125g frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed and flesh chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped mint, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 65g Greek-style natural yogurt, plus extra 1 tablespoon, to garnish
- Place the peas in a heatproof bowl and cover with just boiled water. Stand for 5 minutes, then drain and rinse well under cold running water to cool completely. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place the peas, garlic, spring onion, lime juice, avocado and mint in a food processor and pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the salt and yogurt. Season with freshly ground black pepper, if you like.
- Cover the surface closely with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend. Swirl through the extra yogurt, garnish with the extra mint leaves and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and serve.
For a more unusual twist, replace the frozen peas with frozen edamame beans.
For a chunkier guacamole, only process half the peas and avocado. Roughly mash the rest and stir into the blended mixture with the yogurt.
Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.