- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 200g leftover cooked turkey, diced
- 1 x 320g pack Jus-Rol™ Chilled Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry Sheet
- 1/2 x 226g jar Old El Paso™ Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 70g ready-grated mozzarella
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion and peppers and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the seasoning mix and turkey.
- Unroll the pastry on to a large baking sheet (with the paper still underneath). Spread the salsa over the pastry, leaving a 3-4cm border all around. Pile the pepper and turkey mixture on top of the salsa then scatter over the cheese.
- Gently lift and fold in the pastry border to just cover the outer edges of the filling, pinching the corners of the pastry together. Brush the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving with salad, if liked.
Try grated Cheddar or crumbled goats’ cheese instead of the mozzarella, if liked.
Remove the pastry from the fridge about 45 minutes before unrolling to make it easier to work with.