- 1.125kg pork boneless loin roasting joint, trimmed of fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 500g barbecue sauce
- 175g Old El Paso™ Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 450g frozen or fresh sliced peppers (see Tips)
- 18 Old El Paso™ Regular Flour Tortillas
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Old El Paso™ Soured Cream
- Place the pork and onion into a slow cooker. In small bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, salsa, chilli powder and cumin until blended. Pour over the pork and onion. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours.
- Remove the pork from the cooker and place onto a chopping board. Shred the pork, using 2 forks then return the pork to the cooker and mix with any remaining sauce. Stir in the peppers and season with salt and pepper. Increase the heat setting to high, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the pork mixture from the cooker, and divide between the tortillas. Roll up and serve with cheese, guacamole and soured cream, if desired.
You can use topside of beef instead of the pork.
The shredded pork can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or frozen up to 4 months.
If you are using fresh peppers you will need 4 large peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced.