- 1.125 kg pork boneless loin roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 500 g barbecue sauce
- 175 g Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 450 g frozen or fresh sliced peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 18 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Soured cream
1. Place the pork and onion into a slow cooker. In small bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, salsa, chilli powder and cumin until blended. Pour over the pork and onion. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.
2. Remove the pork from the cooker and place onto a chopping board. Shred the pork, using 2 forks then return the pork to the cooker and mix with any remaining sauce. Stir in the peppers and season with salt and pepper. Increase the heat setting to high, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Using slotted spoon to remove pork mixture from cooker, divide the slow cooked pork between the tortillas. Serve with cheese, guacamole and soured cream, if desired.
You can use topside of beef instead of the pork.
The shredded pork can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or frozen up to 4 months.