Black Bean Enchiladas
Total Time 55 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 175g frozen or tinned sweetcorn
- 1 jar (226g) Old El Paso™ Thick 'N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 tin (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 225g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Corn Tortillas, heated to pack instructions
- 1 tin (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- Chopped avocado
- Black olives
- Soured cream
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Grease a large baking dish (1.5 litres) with a little oil. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and cumin for 4-5 minutes or until the onion is tender. Stir in the sweetcorn, salsa, beans and half of the cheese. Remove from heat.
- Divide the mixture between the tortillas and roll up tightly. Place seam side down in the baking dish then pour over the enchilada sauce and scatter over the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly around edges. Garnish with avocado, olives, soured cream, and coriander.
- Vary the spice by using mild or hot salsa and adding some extra finely chopped chilli to the sauce.
- Stir chopped roasted peppers into the filling for an alternative vegetable.