Cheese, Bean & Sweetcorn Nachos
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Kit For Nachos
- 1 Jar Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños
- 1 canmixed beans - try kidney, pinto, white or black beans
- 1 cansweetcorn, drained
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbspcorn or vegetable oil
- A heap of grated cheese over the top
- Lashings of sour cream & guacamole on the side
- To get started on these cheese nachos, fire the oven up to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4.
- Heat the corn or vegetable oil in a pan, toss in the chopped pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Stir in the mixed beans, sweetcorn and 1 sachet of the Nachos Topping. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread a layer of our extra thick, twice cooked Nachips on a baking dish, spoon over some of the sweetcorn and bean mixture, a few of our hot and tangy Jalapeños and some finely grated cheese.
- Repeat to make 3 layers, saving some of the cheese for the top. Pour on the other sachet of Nachos Topping and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted, golden and bubbling.
- Serve them up straight from the oven with a big spoon of sour cream and guacamole over top or on the side. Then call your friends and dig in while they’re still piping hot.