Lentil Vegetable Soup
Total Time 50 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 170ml spiced tomato juice
- 225g dried green lentils, rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 x 198g tin Green Giant Sweet Corn, drained
- 2 small courgettes, cut into julienne strips (400g)
- Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
- Combine the onion, chilli powder, cumin, garlic and tomato juice into a large saucepan and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 750ml water and add the lentils, tomatoes and chilli. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sweet corn and cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the courgettes, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the lentils and courgettes are cooked through and tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with the Nachips™.
- Use hot chilli powder and add another chopped chilli if you prefer a spicier soup.
- You could use red lentils if preferred.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.