Bacon & Sausage Hash Breakfast Pockets
Total Time 45 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Tortilla Pockets™
- 4 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g pancetta slices or streaky bacon rashers, halved width ways
- 250g pork sausages, cut into pieces
- 750g new potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons soured cream
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the pancetta for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Add the sausages and potatoes to the pan and cook in the oil for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender. Return the pancetta to the pan with the spinach and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has just wilted. Stir in the chives. Season to taste.
- Heat the pockets to pack instructions.
- Serve warmed pockets with the hash, soured cream and salsa in separate bowls and let everyone fill their own pockets their own way.
- Give it a Spanish twist by using chorizo sausage and swapping chives for parsley.
- To save time, why not use already boiled potatoes or boil your own the night before. Cook the sausages for 5-6 minutes, then stir in the cooked potatoes and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Make the filling ahead of time and simply reheat and stuff the pockets in the morning when ready for breakfast. Reheat in the microwave on high in 1 minute bursts until piping hot or reheat in a frying pan over a medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until piping hot.