Layered Chicken Black Bean Enchiladas
Total Time 1 Hours
Spice Level Medium
- 300g cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
- 1 tin (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Super Soft Corn Tortillas
- 200g ready grated pizza cheese (or a mix of grated Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses)
- 150g pot soured cream
- Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
- Sliced tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Mix together the chicken coriander, black beans and jalapeños in a medium bowl.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce in the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm baking dish. Place four of the tortillas on top, overlapping as necessary. Spoon half the chicken mixture over the tortillas and sprinkle with half the grated cheese.
- Spoon half of the remaining enchilada sauce and half the soured cream randomly over the cheese. Repeat the layers once more. Cover loosely with greased foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, removing the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking time. Stand for 5 minutes before serving with Nachips™ and sliced tomatoes.
- You can replace the corn tortillas with Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas if preferred. Cut to fit the dish depending on which size you use.
- Serve with a peppery rocket and watercress salad with cucumber ribbons for a really filling family supper.