Calypso Prawns with Black Bean Citrus Salsa
Total Time 40 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
Prawn and Marinade
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500 g raw large prawns with tails, deveined if necessary
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tin (400g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium orange, peeled, divided into segments, membrane removed and cut in half
- 1/2 jar (226 g) Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 1 large handful coriander, chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Place the prawns into a medium bowl with the orange zest, orange juice, salt, garlic, and vegetable oil. Mix to combine, cover with cling film and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the salsa ingredients in another medium bowl then cover and leave until ready to serve.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Drain the prawns and discard the marinade. Cook the prawns for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring, until pink and golden.
- Divide the salsa between plates and serve the prawns around the salsa.
- Serve alongside rice for a fuller meal.
- Great also served with salad and Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™.