Baked Artichoke and Jalapeño Cheese Dip
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- Vegetable oil or cooking spray, to grease
- 225g full fat soft cheese
- 100g mayonnaise
- 100g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 x 400g tin Green Giant™ Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 8 Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained and chopped
- 10g panko breadcrumbs
- Old El Paso™ Original Tortilla Nachips™
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Grease a 1 litre baking dish with oil.
- Mix the soft cheese together with the mayonnaise and most of the Parmesan in a medium bowl. Stir in the artichokes, pepper and jalapeños. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the artichoke mixture into the dish and gently level the surface. Mix together the breadcrumbs with the rest of the Parmesan and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly golden. Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Make it smooth – whizz the dip ingredients in a blender or food processor with 25g baby spinach leaves and cook as above.
- Serve as a canapé by spreading onto crostini and topping with shards of crisply baked parma ham.
- You can prepare the dip an hour in advance and bake just before serving. Cover and chill in the fridge until required.