Easy Enfrijoladas Bake
Total Time 35 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- 1 tin (435g) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1/2 jar (215g) Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained and chopped
- 250g Old El Paso™ Thick 'N' Chunky Salsa
- 225g mixed ready grated Cheddar and Red Leicester cheese
- 12 Old El Paso™ Regular Flour Tortillas
- Soured cream
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves
- Sliced green chilli
- Sliced avocado
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Lightly grease a 36cm x 23 cm shallow baking dish.
- Place the beans, jalapeños and salsa in a blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds-1 minute or until smooth. Pour the bean sauce into a shallow dish at least 23cm in diameter.
- Using tongs, dip both sides of each tortilla into the bean sauce. Place in the baking dish and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese in the centre. Fold the tortilla in half, then in half again. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, overlapping them in the dish. Pour any remaining bean sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until piping hot and cheese has melted. Serve topped with soured cream, chopped coriander leaves and green chilli and with avocado slices on the side.
- For a more substantial supper serve with a side of mixed salad leaves with tomatoes, cucumber and celery.
- Add some finely chopped spring onion to the bean sauce for extra colour and flavour.