Huevos Rancheros Tacos
Total Time 25 Minutes
Spice Level Hot
- 225g chorizo sausage ring, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jar (226g) ) Old El Paso™ Thick ‘N’ Chunky Salsa
- 8 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g butter
- 8 Old El Paso™ Crunchy Taco Shells
- 40g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for 1 minute then add the chorizo. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes until the fat starts to run from the chorizo.
- Add the onion to the pan, increase the heat to medium and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chorizo is crisp and the onion is just tender. Stir in the salsa and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes, adding a splash of water, if needed.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and milk in a large jug. Season with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until the eggs are just scrambled. Remove from the heat.
- Warm the tacos as directed on the packaging. Spoon the chorizo mixture between the tacos then top with the scrambled egg and grated cheese. Serve garnished with chopped coriander.
- For a spicier flavour add 2 tablespoons of drained and chopped Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños or one finely chopped red chilli.
- Take care not to overcook the scrambled eggs – they will carry on cooking in the hot pan when you remove it from the heat, so cook until only just set.