Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
Total Time 35 Minutes
Spice Level Hot
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 125 g tinned or frozen sweetcorn
- 375 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 110 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 6 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas
- 6 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- In a 25c m nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pepper, onion and corn; cook, stirring occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes or until pepper and onion is softened. Remove from heat and stir in chicken, cheese, chipotle sauce and coriander. Wipe pan clean.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. With 1 tortilla, oiled side down, into pan. Spread 2 tablespoons salsa onto tortilla. Spoon about 1/3 of the chicken mixture onto tortilla; top with another tortilla, oiled side up.
- Cook the tortilla in the pan over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until the tortilla is golden and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas, salsa and chicken mixture. Cut each quesadilla into wedges to serve.
- Great served with guacamole and soured cream.