Easy Beef Enchiladas
Total Time 50 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- Cooking spray or 1/2 teaspoon oil, for greasing
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 jars (344 g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 10 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- 175 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C fan, gas 5. Grease a 33 x 23 cm (roughly 2.5 litre) baking dish with the oil.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the beef mince for 5-7 minutes, over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Stir in half of the enchilada sauce with the chilli.
- Spread half of the remaining enchilada sauce into the base of the dish. Divide the beef mixture between the tortillas and top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Wrap the tortillas tightly around the filling and place seam side down in the baking dish. Top with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, fresh coriander leaves, spring onions or diced avocado.