Potato and Chorizo Tacos
Total Time 35 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 500g baby new potatoes
- 250g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Crunchy Taco Kit
- 125g baby leaf spinach
- Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes until just tender. Drain and leave to cool slightly. Cut into chunky slices.
- Dry fry the chorizo in a large non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat for 3-4 minutes, until crispy. Stir in the peppers and potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the seasoning mix from the kit. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally, until the chorizo, pepper and new potatoes all have a good coating of seasoning mix and are piping hot.
- Warm the taco shells to the pack instructions.
- Fill the warmed taco shells with the potato, pepper and chorizo mix and spinach leaves and serve with the salsa from the kit drizzled over, if you like.
- Instead of new potatoes you can use 2 large potatoes cut into small chunks. Boil for 10-12 minutes until just tender.
- There’s no need to add oil when frying the chorizo – it will slowly release fat when heated in the pan.