Classic Beef Tortilla Pockets
Total Time 25 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Tortilla Pockets™ Kit
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g beef mince
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g mixed salad leaves
- 2 avocados, peeled, stones removed and flesh diced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the beef and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until browned. Add the seasoning mix from the kit and 150ml water. Bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the pockets to pack instructions.
- Serve the warmed pockets with the beef mixture, cheese, lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and the salsa from the kit in separate bowls, and let everyone fill their own pockets their own way.
- Prep ahead – cook the beef mince mixture the day before. Cool, then place in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in a large frying pan over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until piping hot.
- Try pork, lamb or chicken mince as a change from beef, if you like.