Slow Cooker Mini Chilli Meatballs in Mini Tortilla Boats
Total Time 3 Hours 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 1 sachet Old El Paso™ Seasoning Mix for Chili
- 1 jar Old El Paso™ Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 250g passata
- 6 radishes, trimmed and finely sliced (65g)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Mini Soft Tortilla Boats
- 100g iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 125g Old El Paso™ Soured Cream
- Fresh coriander sprigs
- Place the lamb, spring onions, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, chopped coriander and 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mix in a food processor. Process until finely minced and thoroughly blended. Divide and shape the mixture into 36 mini meatballs. Place on a plate, cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Mix the salsa, passata and remaining seasoning mix in the slow cooker pot. Add the meatballs and turn to coat in the sauce. Cover and cook on Slow for 2 1/4-2 1/2 hours or until the meatballs are cooked though and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, mix the radishes, vinegar and sugar in a shallow bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Heat the mini tortilla boats to pack instructions. Half fill each one with shredded lettuce then add 3 meatballs and some of the sauce. Top each with a dollop of soured cream, a few drained radish slices and a sprig of coriander. Serve immediately.
- You can cook the meatballs in the slow cooker up to 1 day in advance. Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to a microwave-proof bowl and cover and chill in the fridge. Reheat on Full power in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until piping hot.
- For an extra spicy sauce add 2 tablespoons drained and chopped Old El Paso™ Sliced Green or Red Jalapeños.