Chipotle Char-Grilled Chicken Salad
Total Time 45 Minutes
Spice Level Hot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons chipotle paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 jar (226 g) Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 1 large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tin (198 g) sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tin (400 g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 romaine lettuce, torn
- Place the chicken into a large bowl or resealable food bag, with 2 tablespoons of the chipotle paste and the vegetable oil. Mix to combine and leave to marinade for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a griddle pan or BBQ to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked. Leave to rest for 5 minutes then slice to serve.
- Meanwhile, mix together the salsa, coriander, remaining chipotle paste, oil, lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Add the corn, pepper and black beans to the mixture and combine.
- Divide the lettuce between the plates and top with some of the chicken and bean and pepper salsa. Serve the rest in a bowl alongside.
- Serve with Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™ or tortillas.
- Griddle extra vegetables whilst cooking the chicken breasts - sliced courgettes, peppers, onions and aubergine all taste great when cooked on the griddle or BBQ.