Microwave Cheesy Black Bean Nachos
Total Time 15 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 bag (185g) Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
- 250g ready-grated mozzarella cheese
- 80g Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed (from 425g tin)
- 80g diced roasted red pepper (from a jar), drained, patted dry and diced
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed and flesh diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Lime wedges, to serve
- On large microwavable plate, spread chips evenly. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Spread beans, bell pepper and onion evenly over cheese layer. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 5 minutes or until beans are heated through and cheese is melted. Top with avocado and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
- Like it hot? Top with Old El Paso™ sliced green jalapeños or a couple of dashes of your favourite hot sauce.
- Replace the mozzarella with finely grated Cheddar cheese for a more intense cheese flavour.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Microwave timings can vary depending on wattage. Microwave on High for 1 minute 30 seconds first then in 30 seconds bursts until the nachos are piping hot. Allow to stand for 1-2 minutes before serving.