Pan Fried Mushroom and Cheese Flautas
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 225g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- 165g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, oregano and salt and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onion and pepper are tender.
- Divide the mixture between the tortillas, transferring the filling with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle each with cheese then roll up tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- Wipe the frying pan clean with a paper towel. Heat the oil in the same pan over a medium heat until hot. Add the flautas and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until filling is hot and tortillas are toasted. You may need to do this is batches. Remove toothpicks before serving.
- Serve alongside guacamole and soured cream.
- Serve with a salad of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.