Slow-Cooker Pork Burrito Bowls
Total Time 8 Hours 15 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- 1 kg boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tin (400 g) kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pack (25 g) Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 4 packs (250 g) Mexican-style microwave rice
- 150 g Mexican-style cheese, grated
- 1 romaine lettuce, sliced thinly
- 175 g Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- If the pork comes in netting or is tied, remove netting or strings. Place the pork into a slow cooker with the beans, taco seasoning mix and chilli. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Make the rice up according to packet instructions.
- Remove the pork from the cooker to chopping board and shred. Return the pork to the cooker and gently mix with the beans.
- Serve the rice in bowls topped with the pork, some cheese, lettuce and salsa.
- If you cannot get hold of Mexican style cheese, use Cheddar cheese as an alternative. Great also served with some soured cream and guacamole.