Vegetarian Burger Tacos
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Stand & Stuff Taco Dinner Kit
- 100 g of cheddar cheese, cut into small chunks
- 50 g of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 crispy shredded lettuce
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- A few lugs of oil for brushing
- Throw the pinto beans into a food processor and pulse until you get a chunky texture.
- Empty into to a large bowl and stir in the taco spice mix. Toss in the crunchy peppers, cheese chunks, breadcrumbs, egg and coriander and mix it up.
- Roll up your sleeves, wet your hands and shape the mixture into 10 burgers. Brush with a little oil and whack them under the grill or on a BBQ on a moderate heat for 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Warm the Flat Bottom Taco Shells, following the instructions on the box.
- Grab the warm taco shells. Stuff them with some lettuce, and a couple of burgers. Our tacos are twice cooked so they're extra crunchy and you can load them up. Top off with a dollop of tangy salsa and let everyone get stuck in to these tasty bean tacos.