Toffee Apple Mini Tacos
Total Time 55 Minutes
- 30g butter, melted
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Mini Stand ‘N’ Stuff™ Soft Flour Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 175ml double cream
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 50g caramel or toffee sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180C for fan assisted ovens),gas mark 6.
- Place the tortillas on a baking tray and brush lightly all over with the melted butter.
- In small bowl, mix the granulated sugar with 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Sprinkle inside and outside the tortillas.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes (they will crispen as they cool).
- Meanwhile, combine the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, remaining cinnamon and salt in a large non-stick frying pan and place over a medium-high heat. Cook for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples are tender and golden.
- In chilled medium bowl, beat double cream and icing sugar with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Divide the apple mixture between the baked tortillas then top each with a spoonful of the whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel or toffee sauce and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle the whipped cream with a little more cinnamon for an extra spiced flavour.
- Like a little tangy flavour with your sweet? Crème fraiche makes a nice substitute for the whipped cream.
- You can use squirty cream or whipped dairy cream from a can instead of the whipped double cream for speed, if you like.