Chickpea, Sweetcorn and Spinach Enchiladas
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Cheesy Baked Enchilada Kit
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing (14g)
- 1 onion, finely chopped (150g)
- Sweetcorn 1 small can (200g), drained 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (240g)
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (240g)
- 80g frozen peas, thawed
- 40g reduced fat mature cheddar, finely grated
- 80g frozen spinach, thawed
- Preheat oven to 180°C (Fan 160°C; gas mark 4).
- Mix seasoning from meal kit with 150ml hot water and both pouches of cooking sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the beans, peas, sweetcorn and spinach, together with half of the cooking sauce mixture. Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Warm the tortillas according to the pack instructions, and grease an ovenproof dish.
- Place a large spoonful of the vegetable mixture onto the centre of each tortilla, roll and place in the dish.
- Spoon over the remaining cooking sauce mixture and sprinkle with finely grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- You can use any other vegetables and beans you happen to have in your cupboard and freezer.
- Try any other cheeses you like, such as 40g grated hard cheese or ½ pack (65g) thinly sliced reduced fat soft mozzarella.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves, smashed avocado or homemade slaw made with shredded red cabbage, carrots and onion.