Creamy Greek Guacamole
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 215g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed (130g drained weight)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed and flesh chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, onion (reserving 1/2 tablespoon for garnish), lemon juice and avocado in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the salt and nearly all the parsley and feta cheese. Season with freshly ground black pepper, if you like.
- Cover the surface closely with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend. Garnish with the reserved onion and the remaining parsley and feta cheese and serve.
- Stir 50g drained and finely chopped roasted peppers (from a jar) into the guacamole just before serving, if you like.
- For extra flavour marinate the crumbled feta in 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano for 10 minutes before stirring into the mixture.
- Don’t just dip! Roast halved and deseeded mini sweet peppers until tender and lightly charred. Cool, then fill each pepper half with a spoonful of the guac, scatter over chopped olives and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.