Meat Free Taco Salad
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 300g frozen meat free chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 100ml water
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, quartered lengthways and chopped
- 50g ready-grated Cheddar cheese
- 20g Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™, roughly crushed
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the meat-free chicken pieces and fry over a low heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the taco seasoning mix and the water and cook, stirring, for a further 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool about 10 minutes.
- Toss the lettuce, tomatoes, pepper and cucumber together in a large shallow serving dish. Top with the meat-free chicken pieces, cheese and Nachips™. Serve garnished with coriander leaves with the salad dressing on the side.
- Use any variety of lettuce for this salad or try baby spinach leaves instead.
- For a lighter dressing drizzle with balsamic vinegar whisked with a little olive oil.