Roasted Pork Burritos, With Avocado and Salsa Verde
Total Time 3 Hours 5 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 packets of Old El Paso™ Plain Wheat Tortillas
- 1 packet of Old El Paso ™ Chili Spice Mix
- 1 kg of roasted pork loin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
For the salsa verde:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- 1/2 bunch of chopped mint
- 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander
- 10 small pickles, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced capers
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 140 ° C. Cut the pork into 5 cm pieces and place them in a large baking dish. Cover the pieces with 1 glass of cold water. Add the garlic cloves to the dish and sprinkle with Old El Paso ™ Chili Spice Blend ™, salt and pepper. Cover the pan with lid or cover with foil and bake for about 2.5 / 3 hours, until the meat falls apart easily with a fork.
- Place all of the salsa verde ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. Set aside in the fridge. Place the pork and garlic in a bowl, mash them with a fork and add a little cooking juice. Adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- Peel the avocados and cut them into slices, sprinkle them with the lime juice.
- Take the Old El Paso™ Plain Wheat Tortillas out of the plastic bag and wrap them in aluminum foil. Place them in the preheated oven to 180°C and heat for 10 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients in the middle of the table. Let each guest garnish their tortillas with pork, avocado and salsa verde. Roll up and enjoy.
- You can mix the ingredients of the salsa verde in a food processor for a more liquid result.