Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Chilli
Spice Level Medium
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 750g lean diced beef
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Seasoning Mix for Chilli
- 200 ml water
- 2 x 400g tins plum tomatoes
- 1 tin (400g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin (400g) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso ™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained and chopped
- 1 tin (198g) sweetcorn, drained
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened then transfer to a slow cooker pot.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and fry the beef, in two batches, over a high heat until browned all over. Stir in the chilli seasoning mix and cook for a further minute then add the beef to the slow cooker pot.
- Stir the tomatoes, beans and water into the pot. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put the lid on the slow cooker pot and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours until the beef is very tender. Add the sweetcorn and jalapeño chillis to the pot after 4 hours cooking time and stir well.
- Serve in warmed bowls topped with grated Cheddar and chopped coriander.
- Double the quantity of jalapeño chillis for an extra fiery flavour.
- Serve with boiled long grain rice, warmed tortillas or crusty bread for a really substantial supper.