Sriracha Beef Burritos
Total Time 45 Minutes
Spice Level Hot
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400g beef mince
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 6 tablespoons sriracha sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained and chopped
- 250g pouch microwave basmati rice
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas, warmed
- 90g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Soured cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced green chillies
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (170ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 5. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the mince and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until browned and cooked through.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix, 2 tablespoons of the sriracha sauce, the jalapeños and rice. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time, until the rice is heated through. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place 1 tortilla on a chopping board and spread over some of the remaining sriracha sauce. Spoon 1/8 of the mince mixture in the centre. Top with a sprinkling of the grated cheese. Fold in the sides towards the centre then roll up tightly to completely enclose the filling. Secure with a wooden cocktail stick.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas, sauce , mince mixture and cheese to make 8 burritos in total. Place on the baking sheet.
- Mix the remaining taco seasoning and oil in a small bowl and brush over the top of the burritos. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove the cocktail sticks from each burrito. Serve topped with soured cream, extra sriracha sauce, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and chopped green chillies.
- Sriracha sauce is a hot Thai sauce made from chilli peppers. It packs a real punch so if you prefer milder tasting burritos use sweet chilli sauce instead.
- Try serving with shredded red cabbage slaw as a change from salad.