First Down Fajitas
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 portobello mushrooms, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 red or yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Kit
- 120g Old El Paso™ Soured Cream, for serving
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and salt and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Stir in half of remaining oil, garlic, onion & peppers. Cook for a further 6-7 minutes, until vegetables have softened. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the chicken and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Stir in the salsa and the seasoning mix from the kit. Continue to cook for 4-6 minutes, until thickened. Stir in vegetable mixture.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas from the kit to pack instructions. Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture among tortillas. Serve topped with the soured cream, coriander and sliced jalapeños, if you like.
- Chicken thigh fillets can be used instead of breasts fillets in this recipe.
- Make it cheesy! Add a sprinkle of crumbled feta, ready-grated mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, if you like.